Terms and Conditions
of the services provided by instastaging.com
instastaging.com is an online store owned by Klaudia Leszczyńska Kreatorki Wynajmu based in Kraków at ul. Dąbska 18K/29, 31-572, NIP (TAX ID) 9291773638, REGON: 383666765. These Terms and Conditions (“Regulations”, “Conditions”) specify the rules of concluding transactions in the online store instastaging.com
To contact the store write an e-mail to email@example.com
For these Regulations, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Client/Customer/Buyer – natural person, legal person or organizational unit which is not a legal person to which specific provisions confer legal capacity, placing an Order on the Store and making purchases through the Store,
- Consumer – a Customer who is a natural person, making purchases in the Store to the extent not directly related to their business or professional activity (following Article 221 of the Civil Code),
- Seller – Klaudia Leszczyńska Kreatorki Wynajmu based in ul. Dąbska 18K/29, 31-572 Kraków, NIP (TAX ID): 9291773638, REGON: 383666765 according to the document generated from CEIDG (the Central Business Register and Information System).
- Account – a Client’s or User’s account set up on the Store’s Internet platform, allowing access to the training and purchased products,
- Entrepreneur – a natural person, a legal person or an organizational unit that is not a legal person, to which a separate act grants legal capacity, performing any business activity in their own name,
- Civil Code – Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code (Journal of Laws 1964.16.93),
- Payment operator – payment through an external Stripe system operated by Stripe San Francisco. Location California, San Francisco, United States, Industry Technology, 510 Townsend St, San Francisco (in this case, the implementation of the Order will begin after the Customer completes the Ordering process in the Online Store and after receiving information from Stripe on successful completion of the payment).
- Product – any product available in the store,
- Electronic Product – an intangible product, recorded in electronic form, in particular an e-book, materials available on the Store’s subpages, training courses, consultations, individual services, audio or video recording created by the Seller; an Electronic Product is a digital content within the meaning of the Act on Consumer Rights,
- Product or Electronic Product – goods and materials purchased or available in the Store, including services and materials manufactured and delivered in digital form available in the Store, intended for sale, in particular e-books, electronic documents, materials available on the Store’s subpages, training courses, audio or video recordings, consultations, individual services, as well as physical products created by the Seller. Materials are sold for a fee unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Sales Contract – a sales contract of a product concluded between the Seller and the Customer through the Store.
- Regulations – these Terms and Regulations also referred to as Terms and Conditions or Conditions,
- Store – online store instastaging.com owned by the Seller, operating on the Internet at instastaging.com and its subpages through which a Customer can place Orders and purchase specific Products, also referred to as Website,
- Consumer Rights Act – the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827).
- Act on the provision of electronic services – Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services (Journal of Laws No. 144, item 1204, as amended).
- Order – action, a Customer’s declaration of intent leading directly to concluding the Sales Contract with the Seller and fulfillment of the benefit for the Customer, on the conditions specified in these Regulations.
- Order form – a Store form through which the Customer can place an Order and execute the Sales Contract.
- Distance Contract – a contract concluded with the Customer as part of the Store, without the simultaneous physical presence of the parties, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication until the conclusion of the contract.
- Proof of payment – invoice issued following the Act on tax on goods and services of March 11, 2004, and other relevant legal provisions.
- Payment – payment to the Seller’s account via the online payment methods available in the Store or payment upon receipt of the Product – depending on the chosen form of payment and the Ordered Product.
- System – a set of cooperating IT devices and software, ensuring processing and storage, as well as sending and receiving data through telecommunications networks with the use of a terminal device appropriate for a given type of network (Internet).
- The online store is available in the instastaging.com domain and on the appropriate subpages after registration and is run by the Seller.
- sklep.kreatorkiwynajmu.pl is an online store through which users can purchase electronic products.
- In the event of a complaint about an Order, please contact the Seller using the following contact details:
– e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– the contact form available as part of the Store in the tab: contact
- The Customer may communicate with the Seller using the e-mail address and contact form available as part of the Store.
- The rules for using and placing Orders, concluding Product Sales Contracts, and making complaints within the Store are set out in these Regulations.
- The Seller provides the Regulations to the Customer or User free of charge before using the Online Store.
- The acceptance of the provisions of these Regulations is the main condition of using the Store and concluding the Sales Contract. By accepting these Regulations, the customer agrees to all provisions and undertakes to comply with them.
- The prices given in the Store are given in Polish zlotys (PLN) and are gross prices (including VAT (TAX)).
- Information about the Products provided on the Store’s websites, in particular their descriptions, technical parameters, and prices do not constitute an offer within the meaning of the Civil Code and are only an invitation to conclude a contract within the meaning of art. 71 of the Civil Code.
- As part of using the Store, it is prohibited to provide information of an illegal nature and in particular, it is prohibited to:
- send and place spam within the Store,
- provide and transmit content prohibited by law, in particular on the forms contained in the Store;
- It is recommended to:
- use the Store in a manner consistent with the Regulations and legal provisions;
- use the Store in a way that does not interfere with its functioning;
- use of all content posted on the Store’s subpages solely for personal use, following the license granted.
- The customer cannot make a purchase anonymously or under a pseudonym or using incorrect personal data.
- To delete the Customer’s account, the Store should be informed in writing or via e-mail about the will to delete it.
- Making purchases through instastaging.com requires the acceptance of cookies by the user’s browser.
- The Customer may use the provided functions of the online store in a manner consistent with the Regulations and applicable regulations and in a way that does not interfere with the operation of the Online Store and other Customers.
- To use the Store, including viewing the Store’s assortment and placing Orders for Products and Electronic Products, you need:
- Internet access from a device enabling it;
- properly configured, current version of a web browser supporting cookies, e.g. Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome;
- an active and properly configured email account,
- current tool/program that supports electronic files in pdf, doc., docx, etc. format – when Ordering electronic products in the electronic format described in the offer.
- The seller provides technical measures to prevent the acquisition, modification, or distortion of personal data and information by customers and by unauthorized third parties.
- The Seller takes appropriate steps to ensure the proper functioning of the Store.
Placing an Order
- The contract is concluded in Polish.
- Orders can be placed in the store 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Binding for the parties to the transaction is the price visible to the Customer next to the Product when the Customer places the Order. The prices are total and include VAT (TAX).
- The Customer cannot make a purchase anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- The Customer can place an Order without setting up an Account, then they should accept the Regulations and checkboxes regarding familiarization with the terms of the Contract.
- The content of the Store’s website constitutes an invitation to conclude a Contract within the meaning of art. 71 of the Civil Code, therefore simply placing an Order by the Customer does not mean an immediate conclusion of the Contract.
- The Customer may purchase the Product by selecting it from the appropriate Store subpage. The Customer may choose among different Product variants at different prices (provided that such a possibility is indicated in the Product description).
- After choosing the Product, to make a purchase, the Customer should take further steps following the messages displayed on the Store’s pages. The customer should first click on the “Buy now” or “Add to cart” shown along with the price and product description, as a result, the selected Product will be added to the shopping cart. Then, they can make further purchases or click the “View cart” button, then click the “Proceed to checkout” button and complete the purchase on the next page.
- To place an Order, the Customer must provide the following data in the forms:
- name and optionally company name (NIP/TAX ID),
- address (country, street, house number, apartment number, zip code, city),
- phone number,
- consenting to the delivery of digital content covered by the Order before the withdrawal period and accepting the loss of the right to withdraw from the Sales Contract.
- agreeing to the implementation of the Order by the Store by clicking the “Buy and pay” button, which indicates the need to pay for the Order.
- the Customer can also optionally submit comments on the Order, e.g. additional information.
- in the process of placing the Order, the Customer is also obliged to choose as to the form of payment for the Ordered Products from those currently available in the Store.
- When placing an Order – until the user clicks the “Buy and pay” button – the Customer has the option of modifying their data and the data regarding the Products selected by them, as well as the form of payment.
- By clicking the “Buy and pay” button, the Customer is aware that the conclusion of the contract is connected with the obligation to pay the seller due.
- Sending the Order by the Customer constitutes a declaration of the Customer’s will to conclude a Sales Contract, following the provisions of these Regulations.
- The Customer makes the payment by choosing one of the payment methods available in the Store and then makes the payment.
- The fact of purchase is confirmed by an e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided by the Customer in the Order form.
- The form of delivery is an email containing a link with access to the Electronic Product you purchased.
- The Sales Contract is treated as concluded when the Customer receives the e-mail message referred to in section 12 of this paragraph. The Sales Contract is concluded in Polish following the Regulations.
- Providing Customer data with an e-mail address is necessary to complete the Order for the Seller to be able to deliver the Electronic Product.
- To use the purchased Electronic Product, the Customer should have a standard operating system, a program to open the pdf format, e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Office, or an equivalent (Libre Office, Open Office).
Product prices and payment methods
- Product prices posted on the Store’s website are gross prices and include all taxes required by applicable law.
- The Seller reserves the right to change the prices of Products presented in the Store, introduce new Products, withdraw Products, introduce special offers and give discounts, as well as temporarily offer free Products. The above permission does not affect Orders that were placed before the date of entry into force of any of the changes. Details and duration are always included in the description of the given product.
- The duration of each special offer is limited. Discounts and special offers do not add up.
- Available payment methods are:
- bank transfer to the Seller’s bank account (in this case, the Order will be processed after the Seller has sent the Customer confirmation of the Order and after the funds have been received and the transfer has been credited to the Seller’s bank account);
- payment through an external PayPal system operated by PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. & Cie, S.C.A. based in Luxembourg (in this case, the implementation of the Order will begin after the Customer completes the Ordering process in the Online Store and after receiving information from PayPal on successful completion of the payment).
- payment through an external Stripe system operated by Stripe San Francisco. Location California, San Francisco, United States, Industry Technology, 510 Townsend St, San Francisco (in this case, the implementation of the Order will begin after the Customer completes the Ordering process in the Online Store and after receiving information from Stripe on successful completion of the payment).
- When making a payment for a Product, the Customer may use their discount coupons by entering the coupon code in the “Coupon Code” field and clicking the “Apply Coupon” button. The discount will be added to the cart.
- An invoice is issued for each Order (personal or company, if the company details have been provided) in an electronic version, which is sent to the Customer automatically, to which the Customer hereby agrees.
Product Deliveries – Costs, Forms, and Dates
- The Order will be processed to the shipping address or email address provided in the Order Form in the case of Electronic Products.
- If the Customer chooses payment in the form of prepayment, the Product’s shipping time starts from the day the payment is credited to the Seller’s bank account.
- If during the purchase the Customer chooses payment in the form of prepayment, they undertake to immediately transfer the funds to the Seller’s bank account. In the absence of payment to the Seller’s bank account within 7 business days of placing the Order in the Store (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and other public holidays), the Order shall be canceled.
- In the case of consultations, training courses, or other individual services that the Customer has Ordered and which are available in the Store – the service will be carried out within a period individually agreed by the parties, no longer than indicated in the description of the given Product.
- In the case of Electronic Products, e.g. online courses, webinars, training courses, and e-books, the Product is sent for download or access to a given online course usually immediately after the payment has been made. Access may also be granted periodically, following the course program and the dates specified in the course description. Delivery of Ordered Electronic Products takes place free of charge as part of the Customer Account maintenance service.
- It is assumed that the payment day is the date of crediting the Seller’s bank account.
Services provided electronically
- Through the Store, the Seller provides electronic services to the Customer.
- The basic service provided electronically by the Seller to the Customer is enabling the Customer to conclude a contract (purchase/delivery of digital content / Digital Product) with the Seller by electronic means. This service is provided free of charge as part of the price paid for placing the Order.
- The Seller also provides the Customer with the service of registering and maintaining the Account and providing the Customer with access to the Account by logging in, if the Customer has decided to set up such an account. This service is provided to the Customer as part of the price paid for a given Product.
- To set up an individual Account, the Customer should complete the registration form and accept the Regulations, and then place an Order.
- Information related to the account creation and activation link enabling the password will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the Customer. After clicking on it and setting an individual password, an Account is created and the Customer can use it.
- Creating an individual Account may be necessary to use some Products, including in particular the Seller’s online courses.
- As soon as the Account has been successfully registered, the contract for the provision of free electronic service is concluded for an indefinite period.
- The Customer logs in to the Account via the e-mail address or login and password. At any time, they can also generate a new password if they forget or lose the previous one.
- To ensure the security of the Customer and the transfer of data in connection with the use of the Store, the Seller takes technical and organizational measures to prevent the acquisition and modification of personal data by unauthorized persons.
- The seller takes action to ensure that the Store functions properly. The Customer is entitled to inform the Seller about any irregularities or interruptions in the functioning of the Store.
- It is forbidden to disclose Customer Account data to third parties and to set up several Accounts by one User.
- In the case of Customers who are not Consumers, the Seller may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services consisting in maintaining the Customer’s account with immediate effect and without indicating the reasons by sending the Customer a relevant statement, also by electronic means to the e-mail address provided by them for the Account registration.
- In the case of Customers who are Consumers, the Seller may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services and delete the Customer’s account or deprive them of the right to place Orders at any time with a 14-day notice period, while retaining the rights acquired by the Customer before the termination of the contract.
- In the case of Customers who are Consumers, the Seller may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services and delete the Customer’s account or deprive them of the right to place Orders, with immediate effect, for important reasons, in the event of a material and gross violation by the Customer of the provisions of these Regulations, i.e. in particular if the Customer uses the Store and Account in a manner inconsistent with the law or the provisions of the Regulations and contrary to the decency and purpose of the Account and Store, in a burdensome manner for other Customers and for the Seller, copies the Seller’s Products and Services or makes them available to third parties without consent of the Seller, provides the Seller with data that is inconsistent with the actual legal status, incorrect, inaccurate or violating the rights of third parties, or violates or attempts to violate the technical security features of the Store and Account to gain unauthorized access to its resources.
- The parties may also terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services by mutual agreement of the parties at any time.
- The Customer may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services at any time, subject to a 14-day notice period.
- By deleting the Account by the Seller, the Customer loses access to all Products and resources previously available on their Account.
- To delete an Account, the Customer should contact the Seller electronically.
- The Seller informs that deleting the Customer Account may impede or prevent the Customer from using the Products in the Store, including those Ordered.
- The seller is liable to the Customer who is a Consumer within the meaning of art. 22 of the Civil Code for non-compliance with the Sales Contract of Products purchased by the Customer, as well as under the provisions of the Act on consumer rights.
- The Seller undertakes to provide the Electronic Product free of defects.
- The complaint should contain the data enabling the Customer’s identification (name and surname, correspondence address, e-mail address), the subject of the complaint (e.g. type and date of occurrence of the defect), and requests related to the complaint. If an incomplete complaint is received, the Seller will call the Customer to complete it, otherwise, the complaint will be left unrecognized.
- The complaint should be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com
- The Seller will respond to the complete complaint within 14 days of receiving the complaint and inform the Customer about further proceedings to the email address of the person submitting the complaint.
- The Seller will process the Customer’s data to consider the complaint.
- The Customer may use the complaint form attached to these Regulations.
- In the event of selling the Product in trade between entrepreneurs according to art. 558 § 1 of the Civil Code, the parties exclude the Store’s liability under the warranty for physical and legal defects of goods.
Withdrawal from the contract by the consumer
- The consumer has the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days from the date of the contract, without giving any reason, subject to paragraph 6.
- To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Consumer must inform the Seller about their decision to withdraw from the contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by e-mail or via the contact form available on the Website). To meet the deadline to withdraw from the contract, it is sufficient for the Consumer to send information regarding the exercise of their right to withdraw from the Contract before the deadline.
- An example of the content of the statement (form) on withdrawal from the contract is provided in the Annex to these Regulations.
- The Seller is obliged to immediately, not later than within 14 days of receipt of the Consumer’s statement of withdrawal from the contract, return to the Consumer all payments made by them, excluding the situation described in section 6 of this paragraph.
- The Seller refunds using the same method of payment as used by the Consumer, unless the Consumer has expressly agreed to a different method of return that does not involve any costs for them.
- The Customer is not entitled to withdraw from the contract if the performance, i.e. access to the Digital Product, occurred before the deadline to withdraw from the contract. The Customer agrees to gain access to the Product before the date referred to in section 1 of this paragraph and is aware of the loss of the right to withdraw from the contract.
- If a corrective invoice is issued, the invoice will be issued by the Store at the time of the refund to the customer’s account. The invoice will be sent to the Customer by e-mail to the e-mail address provided when placing the Order.
- The Seller informs the Customer that texts, photos, video materials, Products (including Electronic Products, e-books, educational materials, online courses, webinars, training sessions) and services provided by the Seller, available in the Store, which the Customer can buy through The Store are works within the meaning of the Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights, and as such are protected by law and constitute the intellectual property of the Seller.
- The Seller grants the Customer a non-exclusive and non-transferable license, without the right to sub-license to use the subject of the contract/product. Under the contract, the Customer is authorized to use the Product only for their own needs, without territorial restrictions, in the following fields of use:
- In the scope of saving the work – digital recording – recording through digital processing on a dedicated platform (Customer Account) maintained by the Seller,
- Printout for own use of materials in pdf, doc. and docx. format.
- Digital recording, custom modifications to the extent indicated in the respective instructions or comments, e.g. on the Customer’s hard disk.
- The license referred to in section 2 of this paragraph is valid for the duration of access to the Product. The period of access to a given Product, and thus the duration of the license, is one year from the date of purchase unless a different period is indicated in the Product description. The fee for the license is included in the fee paid by the Customer.
- It is prohibited, in particular, both as to the entire Product and its parts:
- sharing and presenting the Product to third parties,
- publishing the Product regardless of the form of publication,
- copying or reproducing for purposes other than own use.
- The User undertakes to exercise due diligence so that the Product, specifically the Electronic Product (educational materials available on the e-learning platform) is not disclosed to unauthorized/third parties.
- The Seller informs the Customer that any distribution of Electronic Products or any other content or Products made available by the Seller constitutes a violation of the law and may result in civil or criminal liability. The seller may also claim appropriate compensation for material or non-material losses following applicable regulations.
- If the Customer intends to use the Product in a manner inconsistent with those specified in these Regulations, they are obliged to obtain the written consent of the Seller.
- The Seller is entitled to periodically update Products, in particular Electronic Products (training, VOD, pdf materials, doc. docx., exercises, lessons, modules).
- The Customer agrees to include their logotype in the Seller’s list of Customers, thereby granting them a non-exclusive, free, unlimited and territorial license to use for the activities of the Seller in the following fields of exploitation: recording in the digital storage method on computer memory and the Internet, reproduction by any technique, distribution in the Store, on the Seller’s websites, public display, without the right to sub-license.
Personal data and cookies
Following art. 13 section 1 and item 2 GDPR (i.e. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals concerning the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC) and the Act of May 10, 2018, on the protection of personal data, the Seller informs that:
- The Administrator of the Customer’s data is Klaudia Leszczyńska Kreatorki Wynajmu based in Kraków at ul. Dąbska 18K/29, 31-572, NIP (TAX ID): 9291773638, REGON: 383666765, also referred to in these Regulations as the Seller. The administrator performs the tasks of the Data Protection Officer on their own. You can contact the Administrator via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Administrator’s address.
- The Customer’s data provided in the forms located in the Store will be processed based on a contract concluded between the Customer and the Administrator, which is concluded as a result of the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, according to art. 6.1.b of the TDC (indispensability to conclude and/or perform the contract). This is necessary for the execution of this contract (execution of the Product Order and creation of the Account) and then maintaining the Customer’s Account and customer service related to the concluded contract.
- The Customer’s data may also be processed for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
- issue of an invoice and fulfillment of other obligations resulting from tax law provisions – according to Article 6(1)(c) of the GDR (obligation resulting from legal regulations);
- the execution of payment transactions through an electronic payment operator – according to Article 6(1)(b) of the TDO (necessary to conclude and/or execute the contract);
- consideration of complaints or claims – according to Article 6(1)(b) of the GDR (indispensability for conclusion and/or performance of the contract);
- findings, investigation or defense against claims – according to Article 6(1)(f) of the TYRO (legitimate interest of the administrator);
- telephone contact in matters related to the provision of the service – according to Article 6(1)(b) of the TCO (necessity to conclude and/or perform the contract);
- storage of unpaid Orders – according to Article 6(1)(f) of the TOR (legitimate interest of the administrator);
- the setting-up of registries and registries related to the PMO – according to Article 6(1)(c) of the PMO (legal obligation) and Article 6(1)(f) of the PMO (legitimate interest of the administrator);
- to safeguard the information that can be used to demonstrate facts, archival and evidentiary purposes, based on Article 6(1)(f) of the GEO (legitimate interest of the controller);
- for direct marketing to the Customer – according to Article 6(1)(f) of the GBO (legitimate interest of the administrator).
- Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary for the contract and the Administrator’s legitimate interests. Failure to provide such data will make the conclusion and implementation of the Contract impossible.
- The Customer’s data will be processed for the duration of the contract and also for the period of securing any claims under generally applicable legal regulations. Then they will be deleted unless the Client decides to use the Administrator’s services and leaves them on another basis and for the purpose indicated to them.
- The Customer’s data will be made available to other recipients of the data, such as, for example, IT system maintenance and hosting services, e-mail service provider, the mailing service provider (newsletter) or payment system, law firm, subcontractors and contractors involved in the works on the online store, etc.
- As the Administrator uses external service providers such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Apple, etc., the data may be transferred to third countries such as the USA. However, the data will only be transferred to recipients who have signed up to the Privacy Shield or who guarantee adequate protection of personal data through:
- to cooperate with those processing entities in countries for which a relevant European Commission decision has been issued,
- use of standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission,
- application of binding corporate rules approved by the competent supervisory authority.
- The Customer has the right to access, correct, rectify, delete or restrict the processing of their data, the right to object to the processing, the right to transfer the data, the right to demand access to the data, as well as the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection – if they consider that the processing of their data is inconsistent with the current provisions of data protection law. They also have the right to be forgotten if further processing is not provided for by the current legal regulations.
- The Customer also has the right to revoke their consent at any time if they have provided their data based on their consent. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the processing of data which was carried out based on the consent granted before its withdrawal.
- The Customer’s data will not be processed in an automated manner, including in the form of profiling within the meaning of TODO, which means that the Administrator will not make automatic decisions that affect the rights and freedoms of the Customer.
- To ensure the safety of the Customer and the transfer of data in connection with the use of the Shop, the Seller takes technical and organizational measures appropriate to the degree of threat to the safety of the services provided, in particular measures to prevent the acquisition and modification of personal data by unauthorized persons.
Out-of-court complaint handling and pursuing claims for damages
- The Seller agrees to submit possible disputes arising in connection with the sale of the Products through mediation proceedings. Details shall be determined by the parties to the conflict.
- The Customer who is a Consumer can use out-of-court methods of complaint handling and pursuing claims for damages. Among other things, a Customer who is a Consumer can:
- apply to a permanent amicable consumer court to resolve a dispute arising from the concluded Sales Contract,
- request the Provincial Inspector of Trade Inspection to initiate mediation proceedings to amicably end the dispute between the Customer and the Seller,
- use the assistance of the district (municipal) consumer advocate or a social organization in which statutory tasks include consumer protection.
- The Customer, who is a Consumer can find more detailed information on out-of-court complaint handling and pursuing claims for damages at https:// www.uokik.gov.pl and at the offices and websites of county (municipal) consumer advocates, social organizations which statutory tasks include consumer protection or Provincial Inspectorates of Trade Inspection.
- The Consumer can also use the ODR platform, which is available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. The platform is used to resolve disputes between consumers and traders seeking out-of-court settlement of a dispute concerning contractual obligations arising from an online sales or service contract.
- The case may be considered by an arbitration court only after the complaint procedure has been completed and if both parties to the dispute agree. In other cases, any disputes shall be submitted to the courts having jurisdiction following the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure and general jurisdiction.
- Contracts concluded through the Internet Store and services provided are performed in Polish and based on the provisions of the Polish law.
- The Seller reserves the right to make changes to the Terms and Conditions for important reasons, such as changes in legal regulations, changes in payment and delivery methods – in so far as these changes affect the implementation of these Terms and Conditions, changes in technology. The new Terms and Conditions shall enter into force on the day of publication on the Seller’s website platform on the subpage: Terms and Conditions.
- The version of the Rules and Regulations valid at the date of conclusion of the Contract shall apply to contracts concluded before the amendment of the Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be inconsistent with generally applicable law and to infringe upon the interests of consumers, the Seller shall declare the application of that provision.
- The settlement of any disputes between the Seller and the Customer, who is a Consumer within the meaning of Article 22 of the Civil Code, shall be submitted to the courts having jurisdiction following the relevant provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
- The settlement of possible disputes between the Seller and the Customer, who is not a Consumer within the meaning of Article 22 of the Civil Code, shall be submitted to the court having jurisdiction over the Seller’s seat.
- In matters not regulated by these Regulations, the generally applicable provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular: Civil Code, the Act on Consumer Rights, the Act on Provision of Electronic Services, the Act on Combating Unfair Competition, the Act on Personal Data Protection and the General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data (GDR).
- Acceptance of the Regulations means that the Client accepts that the Seller is not responsible for the Client’s results in connection with the application of the Seller’s advice contained in the Electronic Products. The Seller does not give recommendations or guarantees as to the results of actions undertaken by the Client, because there is a probability independent of the Seller, influenced by various market factors, that the actions of the Client will not bring the expected results and will be different from those presented by the Seller. Information on the website is only an expression of personal views of the Seller and does not constitute “recommendation” within the meaning of regulations or individual advice. All decisions and actions are taken by the Client on their responsibility.
Terms and Conditions publication date: 18.06.2020 r.